Anyone else feel as if they are missing out by not watching Netflix's and Dreamworks' Voltron? After seeing this new Comic-Con 2018 Season 7 trailer, I think the rest of my summer will be spent with that series! Check out the trailer (above), images and what was revealed at the panel (below).
Press Release: Today during a packed panel at San Diego Comic-Con, DreamWorks Animation Television provided a look inside the upcoming season of the Netflix original series Voltron Legendary Defender, set to debut August 10, also releasing a full trailer for season 7.
Executive producers Joaquim Dos Santos and Lauren Montgomery were joined by voice talent Rhys Darby (Coran), Bex Taylor-Klaus (Pidge), Jeremy Shada (Lance) and Story Editor Josh Hamilton in a panel moderated by Nerdist associate editor, Kyle Anderson.
- Season 7 Logline: Following Lotor’s defeat, the Paladins are finally able to set a course for Earth. After a long and perilous journey, they discover that their home planet is not how they left it.
- “A Little Adventure” follows Team Voltron as they encounter a small problem on the planet Faunus as they try to recharge their lions.
- DreamWorks and Nerdist announced the launch of an official Voltron commentary podcast called “Form Podcast!”, hosted by Nerdist associate editor Kyle Anderson and featuring showrunners, cast and crew from the series. Each episode creates a “listen-while-you-watch” commentary track to play alongside each Netflix episode of Voltron Legendary Defender, providing all-new behind-the-scenes conversation about creating the series.
- The first episode featuring executive producers Joaquim Dos Santos and Lauren Montgomery is now available from Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id1411659171
- Jeremy Shada surprised fans half way through the panel and was met with a wild reception!
- Fans got a kick out of Rhys Darby’s live impression of a Yalmor.
- One Final Season to come before the end of the year!
- Following the panel, Voltron and the character Shiro were trending worldwide on Twitter!