LEGO Ideas, today, has unveiled the Voltron set. Complete with 2,321 pieces, making it the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever. The set, inspired by original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series, will be available for $179.99 on August 1; however, a limited number of sets will be first available for purchase for attendees the San Diego Comic-Con. Check out our full assortment of pictures and details below. #AFJ4LIFE
UPDATE: SDCC attendees will just have the first opportunity to purchase this Ideas set at the show before it is more widely available. It is not you normal SDCC exclusive. Think of it more as a first purchase opportunity.
21311 – LEGO® Ideas Voltron
2321 pieces | Ages 16+
Available August 1, 2018.
**Limited quantities will be available for purchase first for attendees at San Diego's Comic-Con (7/17-22)
Let’s go Voltron force in LEGO® style!
It’s time to defend the universe so get ready to form LEGO® Ideas 21311 Voltron, the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever! This awesome set features buildable and highly posable black, blue, yellow, red and green lions with specially designed, extra-strong joints to combine them all and create the Voltron super robot, plus a huge sword and shield that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands. Ideal for display or to recreate thrilling action from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
- Features 5 buildable and posable lions that can be transformed and combined to create the giant Voltron super robot.
- Play with the lions individually or combine them using extra-strong joints to form Voltron—the black lion forms the head and torso; the red and green lions form the arms; and the yellow and blue lions form the legs.
- Pose the head, shoulders, arms and wrists of Voltron (legs are not posable).
- Also includes a sword and shield (each with silver-colored elements) that attach firmly toVoltron’s hands.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator andsuper force of LEGO® designers.
- This set includes over 2,321 pieces.
- Display or play out exciting stories from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and themodern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
- Voltron measures over 15” (40cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide.
- Black lion measures over 6” (17cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
- Yellow and blue lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
- Green and red lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Voltron’s sword measures 11” (29cm) long.
- Voltron’s shield measures 6” (16cm) in diameter.LEGO VIP Early Access: Jul 23, 2018.