The Mego Museum has reported that Mego's President, Marty Abrams, will bring back his company with a new wave of toys. This news dropped during the Mego Meet 2018. See the full article and check ou the quick details below by Palitoy on MegoMusuem.com.
Below is what we officially know about Mego's return:
- Mego is back and they’re in the action figure business baby!
- There will be 20 different characters introduced in the first wave.
- It is a variety of licenses, some will be familiar to Mego fans, others will be new properties to the World’s Greatest Toy Company.
- There will be 8″ figures but also other scales, due to license parameters.
- Figures were produced under the watchful eye of Paul “Dr. Mego” Clarke.
- All details including licenses, characters, and the retailer will be revealed mid-June.
AFJ's Take: Having seen Mego's President, Marty Abrams, in the "The Toys That Made Us", I am a little a hesitant that he can revive the company. Certainly, the appeal is there, despite variations on this style of "action figure" surfacing from time to time by other companies. However, in this current toy climate, do kids really want this? I know that most kids don't buy toys anymore, and the Mego line will be more for older collector's, but as one of those collectors, I really never cared for the Mego line. Sound off, Junkies. We want your take. #AFJ4LIFE