The Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia is almost here. AFJ will be in attendance on Friday shooting a Con Toy Hunt, capturing Cosplayers (in photographs), and all in all, hanging out. Below you will find the Entertainment highlights for the weekend. Yes, the Con is more than just buying stuff and seeing celebrities. Check it out, Junkies! #AFJ4LIFE
Press Release: From a variety of music styles, trivia, dance and personality Kato Kaelin introducing it all, Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) today announced the highlights of its non-stop entertainment lineup at Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia, Thursday through Sunday at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. The initiative, designed to keep the show floor buzzing throughout the weekend, will feature national and local acts of all kinds, allowing fans to enjoy more of the best of pop culture during the events. All of the entertainment is included free with any admission to the show, unless noted, and is separate from the previously announced programming panel schedule.
The “Kids Zone” will also feature a variety of activities for the younger set, including face painting, balloon art, coloring, dance parties, Jedi Training and read-alongs. The one and only Henry Winkler will also read from his award-winning Hank Zipzer series to kids on Sunday at 11:45 a.m.
The Entertainment Stage, introduced in 2017 as an added feature to enhance the atmosphere at Wizard World events, has been a huge hit, with Kaelin serving as host, including trivia and giveaways right from the entertainment stage. The stage, located just inside the main entrance, is the hub for much of the rapidly-rotating schedule, with others spread around the show floor.
Among the highlights of the Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia entertainment lineup are:
· Musicians Rock It Man Entertainment (dueling pianos, Thursday, Sunday), Thomas Ian Nicholas (acoustic, Thursday, Saturday), James Morris (guitar, Friday, Saturday, Sunday), The Big House Band (rock/pop, Friday), The Zings (rock, pop party, Saturday)
· Cos-Spray, the Art of Cosplay (Thursday, Friday, Sunday)
· Jedi Light Saber Show by the Saber Legion (all four days!)
· Wizard World Karaoke (Thursday, Saturday, sign up at stage)
· The Goblin Cabaret, where sideshow and magic meet (Saturday)
· Live Sword Battle by the Battlesword Philly League (Saturday, Sunday)
· Brentalfloss singalong and interactive mad-lib (Friday, PG-13)
· Cosplay meetups (all four days)
· Kids Zone Entertainment including:
· H.E.R.Os anti-bullying puppet show by Jester Puppets (all four days)
· Jedi Training by Saber Legion (all four days)
· Living Creature Show & tell by Insectarium and Butterfly Pavilion (all four days)
· Storytime with Princess Ariel (Saturday)
· Dance Party with The Legendary Outlaw Star Lord (Thursday)
· Storytime with “The Fonz” and “Hank Zipzer” children’s book writer Henry Winkler (Sunday)
· Harley Hula Hoop Time (Friday)
· Balloon Animals & Characters by Stone Johnsen, Coloring Sheets, Face Painting by Marian’s Little People, Captain Kidd’s Full Pirate Ship (all four days)
· Trivia and DJ spinning all weekend
· Costume contest for adults (Saturday) and kids (Saturday and Sunday)
Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.